Thursday, October 16, 2008

Friends make us rich

Did you ever call a friend just to say how much you appreciated them? I was on the receiving end of that phone call today, and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. Answering the phone with a dose of the heavies and hanging up with the light. I got me some gratitude in my pocket...Now I know that aversion and desire are equal challenges, equanimity feels so far away some times, but what a relief to be lifted from the illusion of self-torment. I'll take relief when it's offered any day. Thank you unlikely friend! So how could the day not pick up? Hearing the laughter of young girls making mouldy moss salad for their dolls while little boys dive deeply into the strange and fantastical world of Pokemon...indeed life is rich and ever ripe for the pickin...

No comments: